Wednesday 7 October 2009

London London London!




What is my life like in London?

It is more than I could ever hope for. I work in a fulfilling job, finishing on time everyday working efficiently, have lovely flatmates to laugh with and eat dinner together, and also able to find balance playing kendo 3-4 times a week. It's almost too good to be true. All the boxes are ticked. I am at a point where I'm expecting there must be a catch to all this.

But that's not to say I'm complacent. I want to prove that I'm manager quality and able to lead others, as well as being an undisputed expert in my field of work.

But I'm really thankful to be flat-sharing. London is such a lonely place if you don't know anyone...I knew this already, and purposely chose to do roomsharing. After all these years living abroad by myself, I don't really need privacy anymore. In fact, having another person there can make you more disciplined and considerate, and that can't be a bad thing.

What's more, my flatmates are real characters : )

First is my Italian neighbour ---- Nakai Macri!!! AAAAAAAAAA!! A self-proclaimed 'typical Napoli boy' - loves women, futbol, cars, music and eating, in that order. Nakai is here in London to work and learn English (starting from hello, literally). Oh and did I mention he is a DJ!!

Downstairs is Murtaazaa, from Tanzania!! Of Indian descent, he is a nurse at a local hospital....and rarely see him at home. However he's got the biggest room in the house, with a combined living and bedroom. He is absolutely amazing because whenever the rubbish bin fills up, the next day it's gone!!! He is a real Gandhi in the house.

My roommate is Steven, who is a typical "Shanghai" Chinese...they say. Quiet, but helpful and nice. Seems like he's got a side-business going, there are shoes and bags all over the house and Nakai bought a pair of Pradas from him for 4 pounds....

Final member of the house is Cici, pint-sized girl from China. I am forbidden to speak Mandarin to her cuz she's practising English...

1 comment:

  1. hi, just pop-up as a result of searching "Smart Grid Edinburgh" and reach your blog. Want to make a friend? I find myself pretty much following your path somehow, although I am not doing Carbon Management in Edinburgh, but Sustainable Energy System here (Although I have been thinking of taking your master as well).

    I am from Macao, want to listen to some of your experience, sounds marvellous! If you don't mind, just add me in facebook: Merlinlao

    ReplyDelete